<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 07, 2005

This evening, as is the case with every evening in the winter, it was very dark when I got home from work and pulled the car up to the curb in front of my house. And as I got out of the car and was walking up towards my driveway I caught a little movement out of the corner of my eye. Looking up I saw that the movement was coming from the dining room window of our neighbor's house. The window was awash with warm, yellow light, a stark contrast to the pitch-black of the rest of the neighborhood. And in the middle of the window I could see the profile of J, my pretty neighbor girl, sitting at the dinner table with her family. It was just an outline that I could see. The shape of her face, her neck, her shoulders, and her hair tied back in a ponytail, cascading down her back. I stood there in the street for what must have been 15 or 20 seconds just admiring that dark silhouette. It's funny how something so totally simple can be so beautiful.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site