<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Our neighborhood indoor pool recently reopened after undergoing a major three-month renovation, and I went there last night for the first time since then. I must say, it's very nice. The whole entire facility, floor to ceiling, looks brand new. Not bad for a place that is at least 20, if not 30, years old.

But what really caught my eye was a sign on the wall next to the hot tub that said, "This is a CO-ED facility. Bathing suits must be worn at all times."

I can't say I've ever seen such a sign at any other pool I've been to. And that makes me wonder--since rules are usually made to address some sort of problem, does that imply that there is a problem with nudity at this pool? If that's the case, I need to start going there a lot more often. I mean, really, why would someone take the time and expense of making up a sign like that unless there was an issue?

The other thing that struck me as funny about this sign was the first sentence. In my mind, the fact that the facility is CO-ED is that much more of a reason why bathing suits should NOT be worn. So, in a way, the sign seems to contradict itself.

But that's just me.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site