<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 07, 2005

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yesterday we packed the kids into the minivan and drove out to the mountains to have a picnic and to see the fall foliage. Late in the day we came across an old lodge on the top of a mountain. The rooms in the lodge have fantastic views, including this one. Years ago, before our kids were born, I remember my wife and I standing in this very same spot around the very same time of day, and I remember trying to convince her to get a room and stay overnight at the lodge instead of driving back to the city. But we didn't have a change of clothes, etc., etc., and I couldn't convince her to stay. Now I wonder if she regrets not staying back when we were younger and had the freedom to do stuff like that. Frankly I wonder if she even remembers.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site