<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'm sorry. I don't have a pic for you today. I didn't even realize it was Thursday until about 10:00 this morning. And even if I had, things were just too crazy busy at home last night. Plus, I don't have any good ideas.

Is that enough excuses?

On a totally unrelated topic, here's what my wife and I talked about while driving somewhere this morning in rush-hour traffic:

Wife: Watch! He doesn't see you. [While I was trying to merge onto the expressway. He saw me, btw. And I saw him.]

Wife: Look out! [Traffic ahead was slowing down rapidly. I saw it and reacted before she pointed it out to me.]

Wife: Don't speed! [As I was accelerating from 30 mph to 40 mph on a 55mph highway in preparation for merging into the fast-moving carpools-only lane.]

Wife: That pickup truck is veering into our lane! [He wasn't. It just looked that way. And I was ready for him if he did.]

Wife: Maybe you should get out of his way. [About a minute later. Referring to the same truck who still seemed perfectly content to stay in his own lane.]

Wife: You're not gonna be able to get over in time to make the exit. [The exit had only just shown up on the horizon.]

Wife: There's no way you can get around this guy. [As I smoothly accelerated and pulled in front of the guy with about five or six car-lengths to spare.]


By the time we got to where we were going I really could have used a stiff drink. And it had nothing to do with the traffic.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site