<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I'm bored at work today, so I think I'll pass some time by answering Chick's 56 questions...

UNIQUE

1. Nervous habits - Jingling my keys in my pocket. I have to take them out and put them on the table if I'm giving a talk.
2. Are you double jointed - No
3. Can you roll your tongue - No
4. Can you raise one eyebrow at a time - Sort of. I have to close the other eye first.
5. Can you blow spit bubbles - I can make one in my mouth but I can't launch it.
6. Can you cross your eyes - Yes
7. Tattoos - No. But I wouldn't be against getting one. Probably on my arm.
8. Piercing - No
9. Do you make your bed daily - I did when I was single, but my wife always sleeps later than me, so...no...not any more.

CLOTHES

10. Which shoe goes on first - Right...I think.
11. Speaking of shoes, have you ever thrown one at anyone? - No
12. On the average, how much money do you carry - About $50. I try to use my credit card for most things (and I always pay the full balance each month).
13. What jewelry do you wear 24/7 - Just my wedding ring. Years ago I used to wear a silver chain around my neck and another on my wrist.
14. Favorite piece of clothing - Right now? A new shirt I just got from Land's End. But ask me next month and I'll give you a different answer.

FOOD

15. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it - Twirl. But I cut it up for my 2-year-old son.
16. Have you ever eaten Spam - I don't think so. I would know if I had, right?
17. Do you use extra salt on your food - Once in a while.
18. How many cereals in your cabinet - Five right now. Grape Nuts, Granola, Cinnamon Frosted Shredded Wheat, Some organic cereal that tastes like Life, and Uncle Sam. But my tastes change all the time, so next month you'll see a completely different line-up.
19. What's your favorite beverage - Iced tea.
20. What's your favorite fast food restaurant - I don't really eat true fast food. But if you're willing to consider pseudo-fast food, mom & pop style, I'll tell you that I love Ben's Chili Bowl, Five Guys, and Island Burgers and Shakes.
21. Do you cook - I used to cook. A lot. My previous girlfriend's Dad taught me how. He was the best cook I've ever known. But my wife has been learning to cook recently, so I've kinda backed off a bit.

GROOMING

22. How often do you brush your teeth - At least three times a day.
23. Hair drying method - Air dry
24. Have you ever colored/highlighted your hair - No

MANNERS

25. Do you swear - If I'm with the right group of people. My wife thinks I don't.
26. Do you ever spit - No

FAVORITE

27. Animal - In the wild: birds, At home: dogs--except that I don't have a dog right now.
28. Food - Anything except monkey brains. And mushrooms.
29. Month - October
30. Day - Thursday...lately.
31. Cartoon - Dilbert
32. Shoe brand - Hmmm. I don't think I have a favorite brand. But I love my Chucks and my Kenneth Cole oxfords.
33. Subject in school - I liked art and computer science equally, although that probably had more to do with the teachers than anything else.
34. Color - Blue
35. Sport - Baseball--except that I will only watch it in a stadium. Never on TV. And don't bother asking me to play it. Really. Don't.
36. TV shows - I don't watch TV regularly anymore. The last show I used to watch was CSI at my friend's house on Thursdays with his awesome home-brewed beer, some crackers, and some cheese-whiz.
37. Thing to do in the spring - Sit on the banks of a brook and toss pebbles in the water with my daughter.
38. Thing to do in the summer - Swimming in the ocean
39. Thing to do in the autumn - Hiking in the mountains
40. Thing to do in the winter - Making love on a rug in front of the fireplace with the snow coming down outside. (OK, so I've never done that...but it sounds like fun. Any volunteers?)

IN AND AROUND

41. In the CD player - Devo
42. Person you talk most on the phone with - My wife, but mostly just for those "honey, could you pick up some milk on the way home?" kind of conversations. I think I need some people to talk to during my afternoon commute.
43. Reading - Chernow's Alexander Hamilton. I've been reading about a chapter a month for a year now, in between reading other books.
44. Do you regularly check yourself out in store windows/mirrors - Once in a while
45. What color is your bedroom - white
46. Do you use an alarm clock - No. I get up when I'm good and ready. Unless, of course, my kids wake me up first.
47. Window seat or aisle - Window for a short flight, aisle if more than a couple hours.

DUMB

48. What's your sleeping position - I like to go to sleep on my stomach, but that does all sorts of horrible things to my neck, so I try to sleep on my side instead.
49. Even in hot weather do you use a blanket - Yes. You have to if you're gonna sleep naked.
50. Do you snore - I don't think so.
51. Do you sleepwalk - No, but my sister and my daughter do.
52. Do you talk in your sleep - Not that I know of.
53. Do you sleep with stuffed animals - No, but my wife does. So technically there is one in the bed.
54. How about with the light on - No. But moonlight is OK.
55. Do you fall asleep with the TV or radio on - No. There's no TV in the bedroom anyway.
56. Last interesting person you met - The bum on the street, downtown, at 1am, with the Jamaican accent, who swears he lives out in one of the swank suburbs and needs some money to get home because the police impounded his Mercedes. Funny thing--he has the same damn story every time I see him. He needs to mix it up a bit. But he makes for good conversation if you need to kill 15 minutes in between band sets.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site