<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 30, 2005

There's a new shopping center going up just down the road from where I work. This is notable because I work way out in the country and up until now there has literally been nothing nearby for miles around. Last week I stopped in at the new shopping center, but nothing was open yet, and much of it was still under construction.

But today I happened to stop by on the way home from work and noticed that the Starbucks was open, so I went in to get something to drink. I was the only customer in the whole place. Can you believe that? A totally empty Starbucks at 7pm on a Thursday evening during rush hour. But of course it is brand new and nobody (except me, apparently) knows about it yet.

The two girls behind the counter were obviously very glad to see someone, and they were very talkative and friendly. Especially the cute redhead at the register with the freckles and the beautiful smile. So I stayed for a few minutes and talked to her.

Tomorrow I plan on riding my bicycle to work, but I'm thinking I could still stop in for a few minutes after work to get an iced tea and chat with her again, even if I'm gonna be wearing bike cleats, bike shorts, and carrying a helmet in my hand. After all, who's gonna care, right? I'll be the only customer.

I'm thinking this is the perfect opportunity to get to know her. And then months from now when she recognizes me each time I come in we can laugh and talk about how we met back when I was the only customer.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site