<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Alex has, in a mere two sentences, explained something that I have been trying to find the words to say for a year and a half now. Simply put, he said:

...I have a spouse who is sometimes incapacitated when her disease exacerbates. My love for her and sense of obligation prevents me from ever leaving her.

I can't tell you how so totally well that statement describes my own marriage. You see, it's not just sexual problems that plague our marriage. In fact, the sexual issues are but a mere side effect of a much more serious condition that affects my wife in every aspect of her life, from eating to driving a car, and everything in between.

Sometimes she becomes completely debilitated by her illness. Other times, when it goes into remission, she is able to function almost normally. Almost. I'd rather not go into much more detail, other than to say that it's not in any way life-threatening. But at least hopefully you can now get a better understanding of where I'm coming from.

Thanks, Alex.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site