<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Just friends.

The first time it's a handshake and a sincere smile.

The next time it's a light touch on the elbow and a look in the eyes
that lasts a little too long.

Then it's a slightly awkward hug.

Then a more comfortable hug.

On our fifth "date" I place my hands on your shoulders as I stand
behind you, looking over your head at the beautiful vista from the top
of the mountain we have just climbed together. I move in a little
closer and lean down, brushing my face ever so slightly against your
hair. You lean back against me and I move my hands onto your bare
shoulders and then down along your arms. We stay that way for a while
and I can feel the tension. The nervousness between us. The desire.
Then, slowly, you reach back and pull my arms around you, holding them
against your chest. Both of us savoring the togetherness. Our hearts
racing.


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site