<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Last night was fun. And funny too. We had a few laughs at our own expense.

You may recall that I promised I would buy her a drink if she found my blog. Well, she did, and so the issue of whether I was good for it came up a few times, but until last night I was just too busy to get away for the evening.

But even then we almost didn't get together. Through an incredible sequence of unlucky coincidences, bad cell phone coverage, and general lack of planning we didn't actually manage to meet until 12:30am. And this was after I had left my house around 7:30.

And since we had planned to meet in the suburbs where they roll up the sidewalks at midnight, 12:30 was too late to get anything to eat at the bars (and by this time we were both starving). So in the end we found ourselves eating breakfast and cheese fries at an all-night diner.

So much for buying her that drink.

But we laughed about the mix-up and had a good time talking--our conversation eventually drifting over to the subject of sex. She and I have almost identical issues with our spouses regarding sexual incompatibility (our spouses both seem to be hopelessly and unswervingly conservative when it comes to sex). We've chatted about sex on IM before--sometimes explicitly--so it wasn't exactly uncharted territory for us. But still, two people, a guy and a girl, who have only just met in person moments before, having a conversation about sex, while in a booth at an all-night diner is, well, different, at the very least. We were both a little nervous. But at the same time it felt so good to talk about it and to know that she is going through the exact same thing and feels a lot of the same frustrations that I do.

I don't doubt that we could have talked for hours and hours, especially since her husband is out of town and she didn't have to worry about getting home. But by 2:00 I was worried that my wife would be wondering where I was, so we left the diner and I walked her over to her car. It was raining, and she offered to drive me over to my car which was a few blocks away. When we got there I gave her a hug and we said we'd talk again. I hope we do.

As I was driving home I got a text message from her on my cell, "Bye! It was fun :)"

So all's well that ends well, right?

And I still owe her that drink.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site