<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Exactly one month from today I will turn 35. Just a few days ahead of Kayten, if I remember correctly (her birthday countdown has disappeared).

I'm totally OK with turning 35. Sure, I'd probably rather be turning 25, which would mean that I would not yet be married, but as far as the other "fives" go, I think 35 isn't bad at all. 5 is a cool age. Kindergarten and whatnot. But the thought of having to spend another 13 years with my parents would be just too scary. 15 was kind of a dorky, lame age for me, so I think I can write it off pretty quickly. 45 could be OK. Hopefully I'll have a good attitude when I get there, but I'm in no rush.

So yes, 35 is good. But I have to be a little more diligent about my life from here on out. No more lollygagging and thinking that things will just work themselves out with time. The next ten years will be very important. My marriage must get fixed. My children will be growing up. I need to spend as much time as possible with them. And ditto for my parents who aren't getting any younger.

But most of all I've gotta figure out how to get my face into some sweet snatch more often. I think that's my primary goal for the next ten years.

I'm looking forward to it.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site