<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 12, 2005

It's only Saturday morning, but this weekend is already way better than last weekend.

On Thursday I went out to a club with a couple guys from work to see a rock band from Belfast called Ash. They rocked pretty hard, although the sound could have been better. I think the sound man knew something was wrong because he was all over the board all night with flashlights, plugging and pulling cables and readjusting stuff, pretty much to no avail. But it was good to get out with a couple guys that I normally don't see very often outside of work, so I can't complain.

Last night I had been planning on seeing a couple very good local punk rock bands, but I was so tired by the middle of the afternoon on account of only getting four hours of sleep the night before that I was almost gonna bag it until three unexpected things happened.

First, the lady who had responded to my ad last week IM'd me and invited me to a different club to see a different band. I've been meaning to see that band too, so I was torn. Turns out this lady is 46. She looks attractive in her pic, but I can't get it out of my head that she looks like one of my mom's friends from when I was in college. It's too wierd. If she was 12 years younger I would have met her in an instant, but instead I just told her I was too tired to go out, which, technically, was very true. The one upside with this lady, though, is that she has a seventeen year old daughter. Give her another year and I could be on my way to checking off #5 on Dick's list. lol.

So the second thing that happened was that another girl responded to my ad, albeit a week late. She has a boyfriend and wants to keep it platonic, but she likes my taste in music and would like to hit some clubs with me from time to time. I think she's in her early 20's. So by this point I was starting to perk up a little, wondering if maybe I should write her back and see if she wanted to go see the punks with me. But, seriously, I was still feeling so damn tired that I decided not to rush it. I'll write back to her this weekend and maybe she and I can hook up next week or something. If she was a week late in answering my ad, she can't be in all that much of a rush.

And then finally, just as I was about to head up early to bed, one of my blog friends IM'd me and convinced me to just take a quick nap and then get my ass downtown to the club to see the punk bands, explaining to me that I would surely regret it if I missed the show and went to bed early on a Friday night.

Sooo, I took a quick nap, drank a 16 oz bottle of Coke, and drove over to the club. Good choice too (thanks Victoria!). The bands kicked ass, the Coke perked me up, and I had a great time. Danced/moshed with a couple cute girls, made it home by 2, and went to bed a happy camper. Didn't get any snatch, but I had a good time nonetheless.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site