<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Well, OK. So this is interesting...

Some of you know I was hoping to go to the upcoming Keane concert in a couple weeks, and I was even hoping that one of the girls who reads this blog might live around here and would like to go with me. But since that doesn't seem to be the case, and since I was just a few hours late in trying to buy tickets, I'm now stuck with neither a date nor a ticket to the show. Oh well. Such is life.

So then yesterday my wife told me that she's planning on taking the kids out of town next weekend to see their grandparents. Well that leaves me with a totally free weekend and yet another opportunity to find a date. So this time I decided to cut to the chase, and I posted an ad on craigslist for someone who might like to go with me to a rock show, a dance club, or even a comedy club next Saturday night. I explained that I am married and my wife is going to be out of town, but I'd like to keep it strictly platonic--just two adults having a fun time together instead of sitting at home alone for the night.

Well, no sooner did I post the ad when I got a reply from a girl. She said next Saturday is bad for her, but she was wondering if I might have any interest in going to see Keane in a couple weeks because she has an extra ticket.

So, looks like I have an opportunity, should I choose to accept it, to see Keane after all. With someone. A girl.

Oh and she's cute too. She sent me a pic.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site