<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Met a girl at a bar the other night. A friend of mine and I decided to go over to the local college campus to see a band after I put my kids to bed, and we ended up at a table with three extremely attractive freshman girls who somehow had managed to get into this bar even though you were supposed to be 21 or older to get in. We played various drinking games and put away quite a bit of alcohol, during which time one of the girls, Cheryl, and I flirted exclusively with each other. Eventually the band started playing and we all got up and kind of lost each other in the crowd. But after the show I found the girls again and saw that they were about to head out, so I grabbed Cheryl and asked her if she was going to leave without giving me her phone number. Remarkably, she said "No, I'll give you my phone number!" She wrote it down on a scrap of paper and handed it to me. Then, even more remarkably, she said, "Are you really gonna call me?" She was probably confused by my wedding ring, and rightfully so. I said sure. I put my hand on her arm and gave it a quick squeeze. Then I found my friend and we got the hell out of there. The next morning I chewed up the scrap of paper and swallowed it. It's nice to know that I still have whatever it takes to get a young woman's phone number, but I had to get rid of it. I can just see myself calling her in a moment of weakness, and that would not be good.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site