<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Hmmm. It's been a while. I think it's time for a rant about marriage.

I'm dropping a little card in the mail today for my wife. It's one of those any-occasion just-wanted-to-say-I-love-you cards. I send them to her from time to time when she's least expecting it. I like to surprise her and make her feel loved. Add to that the flowers that I give her, roughly once a month. And the fact that I spend more quality time with our kids than any dad I know. And the fact that when I am home I am almost always either playing with the kids, doing housework, yardwork, cooking, washing dishes, laundry, grocery shopping, fixing one of the cars, or some such thing. I virtually never watch TV anymore. And I only ever sit down to read a book or use the computer after we've put the kids to bed. Ditto for going out with my friends--I only do it after everything else has been wrapped up for the evening and the kids are asleep. And yet I encourage her to go out and see her friends whenever she wants, even if it's not very convenient for me. I tell her I love her. I tell her she's pretty. I tell her she's a great mom. Honestly I can't really imagine how I could do anything more to be a better, more loving husband or father.

All this and yet why can't I get any sex? It's not like I'm some sort of clueless clod who just wants to ram her with my dick. I've very sensitive to her wants and desires. I make love to her whole body. I really go out of my way to make her feel good.

I swear I wouldn't ask for anything else from her and I would be forever faithful to her if I could just have some really hot sex a couple times a week. I even told her that earlier this year when she asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I said I didn't care about presents or a cake or my favorite meal. Just give me an amorous wife who likes to romp around a little between the sheets. Sheesh. Is that so much to ask for?

OK. End of rant. Calming down... Back to work...

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

site